Saturday, April 6, 2013

GLYCEL White Ice Sleeping Eye Mask, Whitening Toner and Whitening Cleansing Milk reviews

Today I'll be talking about whitening products from GLYCEL - a Swiss skincare brand. The brand had released the "White Ice Series" especially in Asia for women who are after white and radiant skin. I'm not big about whitening products but I admit I do have a few spots I like to "whiten", namely my under eyes and post-breakout dark spots (eeeek!).





White Ice Sleeping Eye Mask is the latest release from the brand. It is said to have Alga Light - an ingredient that controls, reduce and block the formation of black pigments. This mask aims to hydrate the eye area, lighten dark circles, something that my eyes REALLY NEED. I'm pretty new to the idea of liquid form eye mask as all along I'm a faithful believer in gel eye masks pads.



The instructions says you can apply a layer under eyes and let it sink in for 15-20 minutes and tissue off. I also read somewhere that you can leave it until the next morning and rinse. I"m pretty vigilant when it comes to eye care and I prefer the former application method.


The jar looks like a milk bottle with the tin foil wrapper :D the jar contains 25g and retailed at HK$590. The jar will last for a long time since each use is just about the size of a kidney bean (for both eyes). I believe there aren't many eye mask packaged in a jar format out there in the Asian market so this is definitely a new try!


Closer look at the ingredients:


As you can see in the below pic, the consistency is pretty viscous. It's not extremely rich yet not entirely runny, the texture is just what a wash-off mask should be. It stays on the skin and will not slip off so I can continue doing other things, lol



I haven't used this long enough to notice any brightening effect on my eye circles, but this mask is really hydrating I noticed. After a few uses I decided to store this in the fridge, and guess what I noticed - the coldness helps to 'lift' the undereye area and make them look less tired!


Next up is the Whitening Toner from the same line. I use toners in a manner like they're for free :D I wipe with cotton pads after makeup removal, after cleansing in AM and PM, and after I'm done with any kind of facial masks. Sometimes I wet a few cotton pads with toners and slap them on my face as a form of mask as well. That's how I get through so many bottles of toners in the stash! Let's take a look at the ingredients:



Contrary to most whitening toners in the market, GLYCEL's White Ice Whitening Toner is pretty runny and is perfect for my skin as I like thinly textured, easily absorbed toners. The toner also carries a whiff of floral scent which helps to relax your mind. The toner also helps to lock in moisture as well as brightening. I'm pretty impressed so far. The toner is sold at HK$480.


Below shows the Whitening Cleansing Milk from the same range. I'm a big fan of foamy cleanser but I found that foamy cleansers are kind of moisture-stripping during winter. I have dry skin and so many people have told me that cream cleansers/balm cleansers are what my skin needs. Do note that I use this cleansing milk for cleansing purpose in the AM and PM only, I use separate cleansing oil for makeup removal.






This cleansing milk spreads nicely on skin without the need of tugging and rubbing. When added with water, it produces very very light foam, which meant that it's mild and gentle for drier skins. I've put this cleansing milk to test for a few weeks and so far the results are promising, it helps to brighten my skin and some of the yellow-ness and dullness is gone.



In sum, the cleansing milk and the toner have become my bathroom staples now, both products have visible effects on brightening my dull skin with continuous use for a few weeks. As for the eye mask, it definitely helps with hydration, I found it works best when applied cold, the results are fantastic as the coldness help to revive the under eye area and gives it an instant boost. I'm happy to report that the three products are seriously targeted at pigments and spots and dullness, and as I've pointed out at the beginning - they're great for folks who wish to have pigmented or dull skins ''whitened''.

9 comments:

  1. I like the look of this range, and the name White Ice just makes you believe that Snow White skin is achievable LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "what products you need to become Snow White?" :D who likes the sound of it!

      Delete
  2. there's only one part that i'd really love to whiten, it's my neck! I've always had a problem with neck. I wanted it to look even and the same skin tone as my face. So, I only use whitening products on my neck and never on my face.
    this is the first time I've heard about Glycel products, where can we buy them?
    Random Beauty by Hollie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Hollie! I found the same problem too, my neck is whiter/more tanned than my face and this varies by seasons...sometimes I don't know how to match my foundation to it, to my neck or to my face?

      GLYCEL is available at their retail stores, in CWB, Central, Harvey Nichols Pacific Place, and they have a new store unveiling soon in Tsuen Wan!

      Delete
  3. Hi, Jenni. I've never heard of GLYCEL but now I'm intrigued. I couldn't help but think that my mom would be soooo happy if I started using a set like this. Asians and their "whitening" products, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, whitening is a BIG thing for Asians! Your mom as well?

      Delete
  4. never heard of glycel but this seems like an interesting line of products!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apart from whitening products from Glycel, they also have anti-aging and hydrating series as well :)

      Delete

LOVE to hear what you think <3 I'll try my best to respond to every comment!