Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Review: Shiseido Maquillage 09 Fall/Winter Moisture Finish Powdery UV & Moisture Cream Foundation UV


Here are my reviews on Shiseido Maquillage 09 Fall/Winter Moisture Finish Powdery UV & Moisture Cream Foundation UV, respectively.
I tried Moisture Finish powder UV on the first day, it has SPF20 PA++ in shade 10, which is a bit lighter than my skin tone, but after a while it self-adjusts to my skin I think. It covers my pores very well, with 2-3 layers under eye and it can cover your dark circles without using concealer (alert!). I went out and sweated for a bit, and I found the powder a bit too moisturizing
for early autumn/late summer weather since it started to feel a bit sticky after I sweated a bit. But coverage is awesome and looks natural. When I wiped my face with a napkin, not much color/powder appeared on the napkin, which is a plus. I would recommend this to anyone who regularly uses powder foundation due to the good coverage and if you're looking for a moisturizing powder foundation, this is a good one to start with!
Here's a pic when I wore the powder foundation. Sorry about the different lighting in the two pics, the powder one is taken indoors and the liquid one is outdoors, but you can compare how the powder and the liquid one looks in different environment ;))

[Pictures have *poofed* gone!]

The next day I tried Moisture Cream Foundation UV, it has SPF25 PA++ (correct me if I'm wrong about the degree of SPF cause I threw the package away). When compared this with the powder one above, this looks a bit make-upy, I'm not sure if its just me or its the case for all liquid foundation, you can just tell that I have put on makeup.

In terms of long-lasting ability, this is great because I wore it for the whole day and didn't retouch, this pic was taken in the middle of the day. By the end of the day my face was kind of oily and the foundation looked more natural/fit on my face, lol. This one did feel a bit heavy on my face, but then maybe I have put on too much. Oil control was okay.

I think you can't go wrong with Shiseido Maquillage foundations, but the moisturizing ability of the powder one shocked me because it was the first time I didn't find a powder foundation too drying, it offers good coverage as well!

For those of you who is ultra-hygienic about your makeup, this liquid foundation comes in a jar with a spatula (quite thoughtful!) instead of a squeeze/pump bottle or tube.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LOVE to hear what you think <3 I'll try my best to respond to every comment!