Saturday, March 8, 2014

Suki Correct Coverage Concealer Swatches and Review

I've been exploring natural ingredients concealers for a while, it's hard to do research when natural beauty products are not featured prominently on the web, mostly because those are smaller companies and can't afford big publicity and PR work. Googling for swatches is hard, too. So I decided to post swatches of this which I hope will be useful for some who want to explore greener beauty products. This Correct Coverage Concealer sample by Suki (under Sukicolor line), is by the same brand Suki which also makes skincare. I've heard of this brand long time ago but haven't tried their skincare. This sample is obtained from an online order I made at a natural beauty e-retailer.


I love that the sample carries all colors in the range - Butter Cream and Honey. Pathetically narrow color choices I'd say. But great that they offer both colors to try in the same sample. I really hope smaller brands would release greater color choices for consumers, but I know it's hard.


Butter Cream is close to NC15-20 Skin I would say, it's not pink-toned. On my skin it's about right but is a tad bit pale. Honey, on the other hand, is a much warmer, and orange-toned. Both are creamy and blends well. I think I need to mix the two to get my own shade correct. Here are swatches under different lighting, before blending and after blending.




My verdict: Love the creamy texture but it creased badly under my eyes. I found the same with the RMS Uncover up concealer too, maybe it's just a bit too 'moist' for my under eye so they settle into the fine lines. Suki Correct Coverage Concealer blends extremely well, however, and I really like this aspect. It also made my eyeliners smudging a bit at the outer corner of the under eye, I did not experience this much with other concealers I'm using, but this also happened to the RMS one). Coverage-wise, it's medium high and I'm taken by surprise. Having said that, I'm still on the lookout for a good concealer from the green beauty market.

6 comments:

  1. Good luck with your concealer hunt! I'm impressed by your conviction to pursue green beauty. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not easy, not easy at all! ;) I read somewhere which wrote that green makeup is meant to be re-applied...duh!

      Delete
  2. The colour selection is abysmal and shame that it creases! Sweetie, are you in possession of a non green concealer that doesn't crease when applied to the undereye area?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i dont think i've found that one YET! Do you know of any?

      Delete
    2. Check out Studio Paris 78's concealer, it's a much drier texture and doesn't crease like other ones!

      Delete
  3. your publish is very much valued Thanks for discussing amazing details. No question it is reliable details but analysis recognized that individuals want to take useful details which is provided very well. i also tried to discuss very useful details.Concealers

    ReplyDelete

LOVE to hear what you think <3 I'll try my best to respond to every comment!