Saturday, October 27, 2012

Chanel Joues Contraste in #74 Ultra Rose and Poudre Lumiere Nacree Shimmer Glow Powder swatches

My world has just toppled over when I saw these two new beauties from Chanel - the new Joues Contraste in a super cotton candy pink and a shimmering champagne-peachy highlighting powder. Both products are like my dream colors. I can't live without pink blushes nowadays and who can say no to a peachy highlighter seriously? Haven't seen this at the counters? Fret not, here comes the swatches.



These two little gems do not belong to any collection as confirmed by Chanel, in fact they were put just next to a regular re-promote display for all Chanel foundations. The blush and the highlighter are both NEW items, and the good/bad news is, they're both Limited Edition. So, grab yours if you can!



The Poudre Lumiere Nacree Shimmer Glow Powder has 3.5g product coming in a spacious compact - along with a white sponge-tipped brush. The imprint and the glow from the powder is really luxe. 



 If you worry that the powder will be too 'warm' of a color for you - you can judge based on the swatches. It's certainly not gold, and is not outright warm peach that kind of shade. I could see this shimmer glow powder could be enjoyed by both cool and warm complexions - including Asian skintones. For darker complexion this may be best to used as a brow highlighter, use a light hand when you highlight the cheeks/nose bridge.

Here's Joues Contraste #74 Ultra Rose and Poudre Lumiere Nacree Shimmer Glow Powder next to each other. The Joues Contraste blush is definitely a cool-toned cotton candy pink - it'll look great for fairer skins. I have also compared it with Dior Rosy Glow petal blush but Rosy Glow is definitely a tad paler than Ultra Rose. The swatches are taken under different lightings.




If you have fair skins and enjoy some blushing and glowing moments on your face, I highly recommend both products as the color and glow are both very sophisticated without being over the top. 

6 comments:

  1. Super pretty! Great options for fair girls like me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the highlighter powder! I bought it a year ago and i absolutely love it! Its not too shimmery and its perfect for day and night looks =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh, i love the highlighter it looks so pretty ^_~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I die..ultra rose is totally my color! I need to check out the chanel in australia! The shimmer powder looks very similar to the one from le blanc collection!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, you know we'd kill for LE items. Your blog is a dangerous place for me to venture to haha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh the highlighter looks super pretty! we went to the Chanel stand alone store in Covent Garden (london) and I quite mortified to see this grey contouring colour from Chanel..?!

    ReplyDelete

LOVE to hear what you think <3 I'll try my best to respond to every comment!